Recently I had an opportunity to revisit the Shanghai World Financial Tower again with a friend who have just arrived from LA. It always feels great to be able to see existing buildings with new perspectives. Furthermore, with the new tower being built recently, this adds even more impactful feeling of the space when walking along the square. These are some photos in color.
Japan, is one of the places which I would like to return again for another trip to explore the landscape and its’ culture. It always gives me an impression of tranquility, peace and harmony. The culture has a distinctive artful, yet creative way of lifestyle. From their fashion, architecture, food and even the landscape. I had a chance to visit Hakone few years ago to learn the craft of their traditional garden. Which to me, was a new way of experience and amazement at how delicate and skillful their dedication can be. Below, I have put in a series of photographs to share with you, my experience and the vision that I encountered.
- “Photography, as a powerful medium of expression and communications, offers an infinite variety of perception, interpretation and execution.” – Ansel Adams
- “If you see something that moves you, and then snap it, you keep a moment.” – Linda McCartney
- “Photography takes an instant out of time, altering life by holding it still.” – Dorothea Lange
- “To me, photography is the simultaneous recognition, in a fraction of a second, of the significance of an event.” – Henri Cartier-Bresson
- “A good snapshot stops a moment from running away.” – Eudora Welty
- “Photography can only represent the present. Once photographed, the subject becomes part of the past.” – Berenice Abbott
- “Photography to me is catching a moment which is passing, and which is true.” – Jacques henri Lartigue
- “With photography a new language has been created. Now for the first time it is possible to express reality by reality. We can look at an impression as long as we wish, we can delve into it and, so to speak, renew past experiences at will.” – Ernst Haas
- “As I have practiced it, photography produces pleasure by simplicity. I see something special and show it to the camera. A picture is produced. The moment is held until someone sees it. Then it is theirs.” – Sam Abell
- “Documentary photography is the presentation or representation of actual fact in a way that makes it credible and vivid to an audience at the time.” – David Hurn
- “The “moment” in landscape photography is when you know that you have captured the definite photo that sums up your whole trip.” – Paul Chong
- “Photography is a magical kind of art that allows people to preserve time and moments, and to describe the world the way they see it.” – Sahara Sanders
- “All photographers have to do, is find and catch the story-telling moment.” – Alfred Eisenstaedt
Dear friends, finally the Photo Independent Art Fair is here! Just two more days to go after months of preparation. It will be a very exciting event to have so many photographers exhibiting their work. This will be my first time heading to LA, with hope that there will be more to come. None the less, if you will be there, feel free to drop by for a visit. My booth number is 410 in stage 7. I’ll be delighted to meet with you. You can find out more about the event and ticketing at www.photoindependent.com
Cheers and I wish you a wonderful day!
I am excited to let you know of the coming Photo Independent Art Fair (www.photoindependent.com) that will be held in Los Angeles in this coming month of May 1-3, 2015. The event will take place in Raleigh Studio, Hollywood. With many photographers coming from different part of the world, national and international to exhibit their works. This will be an exciting event and opportunity for photo lover to come and discover the works of variety photographer.
As for me, on the other part of the world, am also getting ready for this exciting show! Been busy for the last 3 months preparing and getting the prints ready. And finally, just shipped over all the artworks since last Tuesday. Huh…. Hopefully the delivery will be smooth and reach LA in a good condition. There’s still a couple of small things I need to make sure all is well and presentable.
None the less, if you are around LA. You are most welcome to pay a visit. If you are coming, remember to check out the event’s site (www.photoindependent.com) for more information about ticketing, info and news. I am looking forward to welcome you there. Cheers!