Growing in a community of photographers
There are many approach to which one could share or display his photos of artwork. Often people would either upload them onto website with photo hosting site such as flickr, blog or social media, or just leave it on their computer hard disk. Being a photographer myself, we all love to share the things that we enjoy and cherish especially with friends and family members. After all, we are all human with emotional desire of expressing our passion, thought and the things that inspire us to do the very thing we enjoy! This is especially true when after a long journey either to the mountaintop for a shoot or as leisure as strolling along the street to get a few nice shots!
Often times we don’t have to go far such as to a local gallery or show to display our latest artworks there. A great way will be to look for a community of people who shares the common interest in what you do. It can be in a small settings of 10-30 people where we all can gather together to appreciate, make critic with constructive comments. I personally have been very much involved with a local photography meetup group here in Shanghai, China. I got to know this group through meetup.com where we meets regularly to share our best photos together. We each can present our works through prints or slide.
Throughout this regular gathering, I find this very encouraging especially it helps to;
1. Let you know where you’re at – Feedbacks and comments from other photographers are one of the best learning tool beside reading from a book. I can quickly pick up skills and knowledge which can be applied instantaneously.
2. You present your own work as an artist – Which allow others to know more about you and your work as well as building your confident.
3. Your best may not be theirs – In a sense, you learn to perceive and see from their perspective.
4. Connecting others with an emotional level – A photograph cannot tell by itself, you have to convey the story. You are the story teller!
5. Make friends – And don’t forget, exchange your name card!
6. Finally, Enjoy and Have Fun!
Below are some photos from our meetup group.
Paul Chong is a landscape fine art photographer base in Shanghai, China. He is dedicated to capture the beauty of nature scenery in which he also creates colorful fine art photograph for sale in various format and sizes, featuring museum archival quality fine print. Some of his work can be seen published in various magazine, website, event brochure and flyer.
He owned a collection of magnificent artwork which can be seen by visiting his online gallery at www.paulchong.photoshelter.com
Copyright © 2012, Paul Chong Photography, All rights reserved.
China Contact: +86 1376 4064 081 (GMT +8 hours)